The Terms and Conditions shall be governed by English law, and all parties are deemed to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales. The Terms and Conditions assume that you have acted like a prudent individual. If you choose to participate in this competition without taking normal precautions, you do so at your own risk. GeeWizz Charity does not offer any competitions in any jurisdiction where such an offer or solicitation is unlawful or would impose any unfulfilled registration, qualification, publication, or approval requirements. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are not located in a jurisdiction where it is not unlawful for you to enter or participate in such competitions.
1. By purchasing an entry you agree to these terms and conditions. Any participation instructions form part of these terms and conditions. Any entry not complying with these terms and conditions will be invalid. GeeWizz Charity's decisions pursuant to these terms and conditions shall be final and binding.
2. GeeWizz Charity operate prize competitions that are free from regulation under the Gambling Act 2005
3. Although the term ‘raffle’ is often referred to on our website, this is for marketing and SEO purposes only and due to the fact that each entrant is required to answer a question or puzzle upon entering, all competitions hosted on our platform are therefore legally considered ‘Prize Competitions’ and not raffles;
4. For further information about the laws and regulations on raffles and prize competitions, please visit www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk
5. You represent and agree that:
a. You are 18 years of age or over.
b. You will not buy or purport to buy an entry in this raffle on behalf of anybody under the age of 18.
c. You will provide accurate entry information, including your name and personal address
d. You must not be physically located (at the time of entry to a competition) in a jurisdiction where it is unlawful to enter a competition.
6. You agree that you shall not be entitled to receive any prize if you are unable to substantiate to GeeWizz Charity your representations under paragraph 5.
7. Entering a competition is not dependant on answering the entry-question correctly and tickets are issued no matter which answer was selected by you. However under the rules set by the Gambling Commission in relation to the Gambling Act 2005, only tickets that contain the correct answer to the Competition Entry Question will be entered into the final draw for the relevant competition.
8. Entry costs £10.00 per play, payable in advance. Entries may not be sold to or by anyone under 18 years of age. Each ticket represents one entry only. In order to enter a ‘pay to enter’ competition, each entrant must:
a. Submit their answer to the respective Competition Entry Question (each competition has a different Competition Entry Question which will be a test of your skill or knowledge);
b. Pay for the number of tickets they wish to purchase using credit/debit card.
9. GeeWizz Charity may (without giving any reason or notice, at its absolute discretion) terminate or suspend the raffle.
10. The GeeWizz Charity "SMART Charity Raffle" prize competition draw will be conducted on 01 Oct 2023 at 18:00:00, or if this is not possible, on the next working day. Each ticket that contains the correct answer to the respective question or puzzle is entered into the draw with the winner selected at random by a Random Number Generator that has been tested and approved by an independent, third party test house. The results of the draw are final.
11. The winner(s) will be notified as soon as possible after the draw. A list of winning ticket numbers will be made available within 7 days of the draw, unless there are delays in contacting the winners, in which case the list will be made available as soon as the winners' names are finalised. There are no alternatives to any prize except where stated and no interest is payable.
12. GeeWizz Charity reserves the right to substitute a prize for a prize of equivalent or greater value, or at its sole discretion, the cash value of a prize, if this is necessary for reasons beyond GeeWizz Charity’s control. No cash prizes are provided as an alternative.
13. Money raised by this raffle will support the programme work of GeeWizz Charity, registered charity number 1164353.
14. Any ticket entries received after the closing date may miss entry into the draw and therefore will be considered as a donation to GeeWizz Charity.
15. Prizes will be allocated in order of the tickets being drawn from the first prize down to the last one.
16. Where GeeWizz Charity is unable to contact a prize winner so that a prize remains unclaimed for six months following the first attempt to notify the prize winner, GeeWizz Charity may apply the prize as it sees fit, including re-offering the prize in future raffles.
17. Prizes cannot be exchanged for money.
18. GeeWizz Charity would like you to gamble responsibly.
19. If you feel you have a problem with gambling, visit www.begambleaware.org or call the National Gambling Helpline on 0808 8020 133.